Monday, January 5, 2015

Miss Laci H.

I had been keeping an eye on the weather for a few days before this session, it looked like it was definitely gonna rain. I believe Laci's mom and I had a conversation about rescheduling at least once. Then I decided to make the best of it, and told her to bring an umbrella. Sure enough the day came and it was all gray clouds and rain. We didn't let that stop us! The rain turned out to be what made that session so great! We did a lot of umbrella shots. Which are some of my favorites to this day. I found out she was a cheerleader so I asked her to jump around, run, and just have fun. She had no problem with all of that! 

A few weeks before our shoot, I had found a pin on pinterest about how to photograph glitter. I wanted to try it so bad, I knew Laci would be the perfect one to try it with. I had the exact settings I needed for that shot written on my phone. This was September so I was still learning about the settings and stuff on my camera. I told her to cup her hands, I poured a bunch of glitter confetti in her hands. All I told her was to blow the confetti out of her hands when I said three! The photo that resulted from that moment is my all time favorite!

By the end of the shoot, we were soaked, and cold. But I wouldn't have it any other way. To this day if I have a session planned and they're calling for rain, I still don't cancel. I have been known to wrap a grocery bag around my camera a time or two. 

Here are some photos from my time with Laci!

































To check out more of my work head on over to my facebook page and "like"! 

As always you can like, comment, and subscribe to follow my blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment