Friday, April 10, 2015

The arrival of Sophia Rae

I've written several blogs about Miss Sophia, the first was when we found out she was gonna be a girl. The next was for her big beautiful baby shower. Well now she is here! Item number 2 on my photography bucket list was to photograph the birth of a baby. The last time I had the chance I didn't make it to the end cause my husband was injured. When my cousin Jaci asked me to be there to photograph Sophia's birth I jumped at this second chance!

It all started Tuesday night, Jaci was to be induced starting at 7 pm. I got to the hospital around 8. Well it just wasn't happening that night, cause 10 other babies were born! So Jaci's induction didn't get started til about 6 am. At that point I had been awake since 7 am Tuesday morning. But I didn't wanna sleep, I couldn't miss anything! Jaci did such a great job laboring all day, things just weren't happening the way the doctor wanted it to, so we did have a moment when they thought they were gonna have to do a c-section. But right as they were about to take her back for that, everything was OK again, and Sophia was ready to come out!

I was one of the three people Jaci wanted in the room for the birth, so I found a corner and stayed put until Sophie was here and I could start taking pictures! The moment that Jaci gave her final push and then saw Sophia, was the most beautiful moment I have ever witnessed in my whole life. I actually have a video of that moment I took for Jaci. I've watched it 5 times already and cry every time. 

We then went out to the waiting room for a little while so Jaci and Caleb could have some family time. I got to wait with 7 very anxious grandparents! About an hour later Jaci and Caleb were ready for visitors. When I walked back in that room you could already see that mom glow on Jaci's face. I continued to take photos while everyone had their turn at meeting and holding Sophie. 

I am so happy Jaci and Caleb allowed me to be there for every moment. I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world, and I'd do it all over again, even with the 40+ hours straight of no sleep!

Here she is, Miss Sophia Rae, born April 8th, at 5:07 pm, 6lbs 11oz. and 20 inches long. As beautiful as her mama! 


I felt like a little photo slideshow would be the best way to tell this story and show off the photos. So here you go, I hope you enjoy! 



Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free photo slideshow made with Smilebox

Now I can officially check this one off my bucket list! 

To see more of my work, or book a session, you can check out my facebook page HERE

And you can like, comment, and subscribe to follow this blog! 

2 comments:

  1. I am so thankful you were there, cause now I feel like I was there! Beautiful pictures Angel!

    ReplyDelete